Positive stress may arise from factors like starting a new job, having a child, holiday season, taking a vacation, planning an event, receiving a promotion at work, taking educational classes or learning a new hobby e.t.c. On the other hand, negative stress may arise from factors like excessive job demands, death of a loved one , separation from a spouse, conflicts in interpersonal relationships, hospitalization, unemployment, financial problems and many more.
18 Tips for managing stress effectively
- Start off your day with breakfast.
- Instead of drinking coffee all day, switch to fruit juice.
- Avoid trying to do multiple tasks at the same time.
- Learn to say NO. Stop trying to please everybody.
- Make time for relaxation and fun
- Develop a support network (family and friends).
- Always ask for help whenever you feel overwhelmed.
- Take a mindful walk and practice meditation regularly.
- Get regular exercises.
- Organize your work by setting priorities.
- Try to find something funny in a difficult situation.
- Go for vacation or special weekend getaway.
- Listen to music.
- Visit a spa regularly.
- Always appreciate and praise yourself at the end of every task performed.
- Reward yourself for every goal accomplished or targets met.
- Optimize your health with good nutrition, sleep and rest.
- Pray to God.