We spend a lot of time on our feet and our shoes are very close to the place where a large collection of sweat glands live under the feet,sweat gets into our shoes and then bacteria arrive and start to grow, thereby predisposing us to smelly feet. Bromodosis is the medical term for smelly feet and this condition can be quite embarrassing, however it can be treated with simple foot hygiene.
Here are simple ways of overcoming smelly feet;
1.Wash your feet daily with antibacterial soap: Maintain good foot hygiene by bathing your feet daily and washing in between your toes and around the nail beds(these are places where bacteria thrive) and carefully dry them especially in between your toes with a dry flannel.
2. Exfoliate your feet: This can be done by scrubbing your feet in order to remove dead skin. This can be achieved by soaking your feet in warm water and then scrub away the dead skin cells with a pumice stone.
3. Always keep your toenails short and clean, long nails harbor a lot of bacteria.
4. Moisturize your feet using lotions with nice fragrance.
5. Always keep your feet dry.
6. Wear socks : Socks help to absorb moisture.Avoid nylon socks as they do not absorb moisture.Cotton socks are the best.
7. Always air and dry out your shoes before wearing them again especially when they get wet or soaked.
8. Try not to wear shoes at home.Allow your feet breathe when you are indoors.
9. Wear shoes that allow your feet breathe e.g leather shoes or shoes with fenestrated covering like sandals or open/peep toes.
10. Rub your regular hand sanitizer over your feet and gently spray a disinfectant into your shoes as well.
11. Sprinkle talcum powder into your shoes and rub some over your feet.
12. Keep your shoes clean by brushing, polishing and washing them if possible.