When do you wash your hands?
- Before and after cooking and eating.
- Before and after using the bathroom.
- After blowing one's nose, coughing or sneezing.
- After touching animals including family pets.
- After cleaning around the house
- Before and after visiting or taking care of any sick friend or relative.
- Whenever your hands feel sticky or dirty.
- When your hands are visibly soiled
- Soap that can form lather(this could be a plain soap, an antiseptic/medicated soap or detergent)
- A clean towel
Prior to washing your hands; rings,bracelets and wristwatches should be removed and long sleeves rolled up.Proper handwashing should take about 15 to 30seconds.
- Wash your hands in water first
- Use soap and lather up for about 20secs
- Make sure you get in between the fingers and under the nails where germs like to hide and do not forget the wrists
- Rinse and dry well with a clean towel